Grow The Seasons
Grow The Seasons
from £40The Pop-Up Market
Will Devlin - The Small Holding
This workshop is a taster session of the new Grow the Seasons courses at The Small Holding, and offers a fantastic insight into growing, foraging, cooking, and preserving at a Michelin Green Star restaurant. This behind-the-scenes experience will show you what it’s like to spend a day on the farm, understanding where our food comes from and how it gets onto our plates. Fundamentally, it’s about joining up the increasingly fragmented relationship between farmers, chefs, and consumers.
The session will share growing knowledge, from gardening regeneratively, sustainably, and in tune with nature, no dig philosophy, and soil health, as well as the practical aspects of mulching, seed sowing, harvesting, and preserving. You will come away from the session inspired to grow your own food.
Will Devlin is chef-owner of the Acre Group, a family of restaurants in Kent and Sussex, including The Small Holding and Birchwood. The Small Holding was one of the first seven restaurants in the UK to be awarded a Michelin Green Star for sustainable gastronomy and has retained it each year. The 36-cover restaurant is set in one acre of land, permitting a unique connection between farm and table, growing vegetables, soft fruit, and herbs for the restaurant as well as being home to pigs, chickens, ducks, and bees. Will’s second restaurant, Birchwood, is five miles from The Small Holding and is situated in 46 acres of sustainable woodland; alongside breakfast and lunch, Birchwood offers creative and wellness workshops, terrace dining, and supper clubs.
Images credited to Key & Quill
Refunds & Exchanges
- Please note extra experience bookings are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Experiences will only be held for 20 minutes, after that tickets are subject to resale and will be automatically canceled without refund.
- Feasting Experiences can only facilitate dietary requirements as outlined on the individual chef's booking page.
- All our menus are designed as nut-free, but please be aware all our food is prepared in kitchens where nuts, gluten, and other allergens may be present.
- We cannot facilitate dietaries at Bloodshot Supperclub
- For every booking made to our Feasting Experiences, you'll also be given the option to donate to Olia Hercule's co-founded Legacy of War Foundation, more information available here.
- Babies and little ones can sit on parents' laps at all restaurants except for The Chef's Table. If they're in a pram please ask on arrival to be seated at the end of a table. Please note, we don't have a dedicated children's menu, so if you’re planning to have them eat with you they’ll need to be booked as an additional seat.
- If you pre-book one of The Proof x Wilderness Celebration Cakes, please note you can only collect after 2pm on your chosen collection day.
- Outdoor experiences will take place come rain or shine.
Order Confirmations & More Info
- If you don't receive an order confirmation email, please first check your junk/spam folder before emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can see full information on how to book experiences, access your Wilderness account and experience Ts & Cs here.
- You’ll need a copy of the lead booker’s I.D. and your confirmation email (printed or screenshotted on your phone) to check-in. Group bookings must arrive together.