Please see below for ticket information. If you have any questions regarding tickets please contact Ticketmaster, only they can answer questions to do with ticketing and bookings.
Ticketmaster Contact Details:
You can email Ticketmaster here OR
Call them on: 0333 321 9999 / 0044 161 425 7563 (If you’re calling from overseas)
Mon: 09:15am-8pm, Tues–Fri: 9am-8pm | Sat & Sun: 10am-4pm.
Have your order number ready when you call.
How To Book
- First things first, you need to choose your campsite.
- Wristbands are barcoded, so make sure you are certain where you’d like to stay before booking.
- We do not sell day tickets.
- Camping is included in the price of your Festival Ticket, so if you’d prefer not to camp just book our Non-Camping Festival Ticket and come and go as you please provided you arrive within our daily gate times.
- Choose the number of adult tickets you would like. Under 18 tickets can be added during the booking process.
- Add on any extras you need:
- If you’ll be driving, you can add on car parking passes (also available to buy at entry – cash only).
- For Live-In Vehicle Camping you’ll need to add a Live-In Vehicle Pass (1 per 6x7m pitch). Book this with your tickets as they tend to sell out and are not available to purchase at the festival. If you’ve booked a Live-In Vehicle Pass you must complete our Live-in Vehicle Campsite Registration Form before arrival.
- For Meadow or Boutique Camping you’ll need to book appropriate accommodation. You cannot bring your own tents and stay in these campsites.
- After you’ve completed the payment, make sure you’ve received a booking confirmation email. If you haven’t, call up your ticket agent to request one. You can reach Ticketmaster on 03330 035 937.
You can find information on all our campsites on the booking page.
- For Boutique see our Boutique Info Page.
- For Live-In Vehicle Camping see our Live-In Vehicle Info page.
- For Accessibility Camping see our Accessibility Info page.
- For information on parking please see our Car Parking Info page.
Adult Tickets (+£11.25 bf)
Early Birds – SOLD OUT
Lazy Birds – SOLD OUT
Autumn Release – SOLD OUT
Spring Release – on sale now, book here.
Under 18 Tickets (all +bf)
Child 0-5 years – £5
Junior 6-12 years – £35
Teen 13-17 years – £115
Under 18’s tickets can only be booked with an adult ticket (max 4 per adult).
Add these on during the booking process.
For all campsites except Accessibility you will receive your wristband(s) in the post, within two weeks of the festival. If the tickets have yet to arrive three days before, please contact Ticketmaster on 03330 035 937. You can check ticket dispatch information here.
For Accessibility Camping wristbands will be available to collect from the Accessible Campsite on arrival at the festival. Please ensure you have your confirmation email to collect these.
The Deposit Scheme allows you to split the cost of your whole order, including Adult & Under 18s tickets, Car Park Passes and Boutique & Meadow Accommodation. Deposit Scheme Tickets are set at Summer Release pricing. Just choose you campsite and book via the deposit scheme.
Team Tickets offer you one of the most cost friendly ticket options around. So, gather five of your friends, family and loved ones and book in for just £165 (plus booking fee) each and join us next summer for Wilderness Season Ten.
Under 18 Tickets
Wilderness is a fantastic place for under 18s. With a line-up that is largely open to those of all ages and a dedicated Family Field full of theatre, craft, workshops and nanny service.
- Under 18’s tickets can only be booked with an adult ticket
- Begin booking your adult ticket(s) and as you go through you’ll be able to add on under 18’s. Max 4 per adult.
- Make sure you book the right ticket based on the age they will be at the time of the festival.
- If you need to switch to an older ticket tier do this when you arrive, at your campsite’s box office. Additional fee covering the difference in ticket cost will apply.
- If you’ve already booked adult tickets and need to add under 18’s on, call up your ticket agent to do so. Have your order number ready when you call. Contact Ticketmaster on: 03330 035 937
- You can also buy on site – subject to availability.
- By booking an Under 18 Ticket you are confirming you are either the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian for the child or young person for whom you are booking.
- Under 18s must camp in the same campsite as their family and/or guardians.
- 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years at all times.
- The Valley is restricted to over 18s.
Local tickets at a discounted rate will once again be available to residents within the postcode OX7 3**
These will be on sale from 15th February and weekly every Saturday and Sunday 1:30-4:30pm from the Charlbury Community Centre (while stocks last)
Maximum 4 adult tickets per household and 4 under 18 tickets per adult.
To book you will need to provide:
- Proof of address: Photocopy of a utility bill or bank statement (within the last 3 months) including full name and address containing the postcode OX7 3**
- Proof of identity: Passport or driving licence with full name matching that on the proof of address
Approved Ticket Vendors
Our official ticket vendor is Ticketmaster. For ticket queries you should contact them with any queries.
Email Ticketmaster here or call them on:
0333 321 9999 / 0044 161 425 7563 (if you’re calling from overseas)
Mon: 09:15am-8pm, Tues–Fri: 9am-8pm | Sat & Sun: 10am-4pm.
Refunds & Exchanges
We do not offer refunds on festival tickets and we cannot transfer your festival tickets to future years. However, if you can no longer go to the festival, you can head to Ticketmaster’s verified Ticket Exchange Site to sell your tickets safely and securely so someone else can enjoy the festival.
- For all campsites except Accessibility your festival wristbands will be sent out in advance of the festival, so you can transfer these via the Ticket Exchange site, but once the wristbands are sent out, the original seller becomes responsible for sending the new purchaser the wristband.
- You must make sure the new buyer is aware of what campsite you have booked for, as tickets are barcoded to each campsite. If they do not wish to stay in the same campsite as the one originally booked, they will need to take the wristband or mobile ticket to the box office closest to their preferred campsite in order to exchange.
- If you have any questions about this, please contact Ticketmaster on 03330 035 937.
For general queries email firstname.lastname@example.org