Our picks of the eats…
Wilderness is groaning with food. The veritable wealth and breadth of the menus is both mouthwatering and thrillingly vast. We present most delicious things you can eat and drink at Wilderness.
2. A visit to Poco is a must – the Shwarma-style marinated lamb kebabs are an absolute mouth-watering dream.
3. Kricket (in the Dining Room) has to be a stop for lunch, we are delighted to have them cooking their ‘Duck leg kathi roll, peanut chutney and pickled cucumber’ this year.
4. Moving on.. and looking forward to tasting Tommi Miers’ ‘Slow cooked mutton with ancho relish & avocado mojo’ – the main event of her lip-smackingly good Mexican banquet. Grab your ticket while there are a few left.
5. A chilled glass of Provences Rosé at The Cellar to keep the afternoon ticking along…
6. Nuno Mendes‘ ‘Braised salmon skin, fried aubergine, agadashi broth and Japanese mushrooms’ is a once-in-a-lifetime dish and on the menu for his evening banquet
7. Got to get a Breddos fix with a Baja Fish Taco before it gets dark. Back to The Dining Room for this one.
8. Sunday lunch has to be Petersham‘s ‘Marinated sirloin of beef cooked over coals with beetroot, chard & horseradish’.
9. David Carter’s Smokestak serves THE best Smoked Brisket this side of Texas, what could be better to finish the weekend.
10. Oh go on.. maybe a late night cone of ‘Fritto misto with chilli aioli’ from Cafe Murano. Yes please.