Campsite Cooking Allowances
We do allow you to bring your own cooking equipment provided it is raised off the ground and properly extinguished after use. Gas cookers are allowed within the below limits:
General/Quiet/Family Campsites: Gas canisters under 450g or rechargeable canisters under 2.75kg. No more than 1 rechargeable canister. Supplies in excess of this should be returned to the customers vehicle. Solid fuel stoves & Greenheat Base Camp Cooker.
Live-in Vehicle Campsite: Propane or Butane cylinders under 7kg. No more than 1 cylinder per vehicle. Solid fuel stoves & Greenheat Base Camp Cooker.
We ask that people perform a visual inspection of equipment, including seals and hoses to check for wear or cracks before connecting to any gas supplies. Once connected, perform the ‘soapy water test’ by connecting the cylinder to the cooking equipment, use a sponge to apply soapy water to the assembly including any joints. Once covered, turn on the gas (without lighting the stove). Any leaks will be shown by small bubbles appearing in the soapy water or a smell of gas before lighting the stove.
The festival has a professional on-site fire team who are on duty 24 hours a day to respond to any fires. In the event of fire immediately evacuate the area and alert a steward, security or member of the Campsite Management team.
Please note in particularly dry & hot weather cooking equipment may be prohibited altogether.
- Glass – absolutely no glass is allowed
- Large stereo systems
- Illegal substances
- Portable laser equipment and pens
- Unauthorised professional film or video equipment
- Audio recorders
- Air horns
- Fireworks, flares or Chinese lanterns
- Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
- Animals (other than registered guide or hearing dogs)
- Gas canisters over 450g or 2.75kg if it’s a rechargeable cannister. No more than 2 disposables and 1 rechargeable cannister are allowed.
- Nitrous oxide canisters
- Petrol Burners
- Fire baskets & open metal fire pits
- Any form of aerosol over 250ml
- Excessive amounts of food, cigarettes and alcohol.
- No bags larger than A4 size can be brought into the arena
- Non bio-degradable glitter. Please note bio-degradable glitter must be removed with a face wipe not water to stop it going into the water stream and causing harm to wildlife and the environment.
You may bring the following to the festival
12 cans beer / lager / cider / pre-mixed drinks OR
2 bottles of wine (decanted into plastic bottles) per person OR
A combination of the two i.e. 6 cans and 1 bottle.
- Strictly no spirits or hard liquor.
- You may only bring your allowance of alcohol in on first entry. You cannot leave site and return with more. Searches will be undertaken upon entry. If you leave the site, you may be searched again upon re-admittance.
- Any alcohol above this allocation will be confiscated.
- This alcohol may only be consumed in the campsite.