Please see below for a list of FAQs and answers. If your ticketing question has still not been answered please contact Ticketmaster, only they can answer questions to do with ticketing and bookings.
Ticketmaster Contact Details:
You can email Ticketmaster here OR
Call them on: 0333 321 9999 / 0044 161 425 7563 (If you’re calling from overseas)
Mon: 09:15am-8pm, Tues–Fri: 9am-8pm | Sat & Sun: 10am-4pm.
Have your order number ready when you call.
Can I sell my Wilderness tickets?
Yes, if you can no longer go to the festival, you can head to Ticketmaster’s verified Ticket Exchange Site to sell your tickets safely and securely so someone else can enjoy the festival.
- For all campsites except Accessibility your festival wristbands will be sent out in advance of the festival, so you can transfer these via the Ticket Exchange site, but once the wristbands are sent out, the original seller becomes responsible for sending the new purchaser the wristband.
- You must make sure the new buyer is aware of what campsite you have booked for, as tickets are barcoded to each campsite. If they do not wish to stay in the same campsite as the one originally booked, they will need to take the wristband or mobile ticket to the box office closest to their preferred campsite in order to exchange.
- If you have any questions about this, please contact Ticketmaster on 03330 035 937.
Do you offer refunds on tickets?
We do not offer refunds on any tickets, accommodation, vehicle passes or extra experiences booked for the festival.
Can I add under 18 tickets onto my order?
Under 18 tickets can only be booked alongside an adult ticket. Simply begin the booking process then add on your under 18 tickets (max 4 per adult).
If you’ve already booked your tickets and want to add under 18s on you’ll need to contact Ticketmaster – details at the top of the page.
I’ve booked an under 18 ticket for the wrong age range – can I change it?
It’s important when booking to book the right ticket based on the age the child will be at the time of the festival.
If you need to switch to an older ticket tier do this when you arrive, at your campsite’s box office. Additional fee covering the difference in ticket cost will apply.
Child: 0-5yrs | Junior 6-12yrs | Teen 13-17yrs
Do you do day tickets?
Unfortunately, we don’t offer day tickets to Wilderness as we want to make sure everyone gets to enjoy absolute everything our wonderful festival has to offer. Why not join us for the whole weekend instead? Go on … you know you want to.
Do you do local tickets?
Yes we do offer local tickets at a discounted rate for residents within the postcode OX7 3**
These will be on sale from 15th February and weekly every Saturday and Sunday 1:30-4:30pm from the Charlbury Community Centre (while stocks last)
Maximum 4 adult tickets per household and 4 under 18 tickets per adult.
To book you will need to provide:
- Proof of address: Photocopy of a utility bill or bank statement (within the last 3 months) including full name and address containing the postcode OX7 3**
- Proof of identity: Passport or driving licence with full name matching that on the proof of address
Can I split the cost of my tickets?
Our Deposit Scheme allows you to split the cost of your whole order, including Adult & Under 18s tickets, Car Park Passes and Boutique & Meadow Accommodation, simply choose you campsite and book via the deposit scheme.
I want to come to the festival with friends – do you do group discounts?
Our Team Tickets for Six offer you one of the most cost friendly ticket options around. Gather five of your friends, family and loved ones and book in for just £165 (plus booking fee) each
What provisions do you have for accessibility customers at Wilderness?
My tickets haven’t arrived – what do I do?
- For all campsites except Accessibility you will receive your wristband(s) in the post, within two weeks of the festival. If the tickets have yet to arrive three days before, please contact Ticketmaster on 03330 035 937. You can check ticket dispatch information here.
- For Accessibility Camping wristbands will be available to collect from the Accessible Campsite on arrival at the festival. Please ensure you have your confirmation email to collect these.
- If your tickets do not arrive before the festival, don’t worry, just bring your order confirmation email and a copy of the lead booker’s I.D. to your chosen campsite box office when you arrive and you will be able to collect them there.
How can I update my delivery address?
If you’re staying in Family or Live-In Vehicle Camping you will receive your wristband(s) in the post, within two weeks of the festival.
If you need to update your address for this simply contact Ticketmaster – details at the top of page.
I can’t find my confirmation email – can you resend it to me?
To check this you’ll need to contact Ticketmaster – details at the top of page.
Can I change the campsite I’ve booked into?
All wristbands are barcoded to the individual campsites so it’s important you book for the campsite you want to stay in. If you’ve booked and need to change campsites you’ll need to contact Ticketmaser (details at the top of the page) and request this.
Can I visit my friends in other campsites?
All of our wristbands are barcoded for each campsite for safety purposes, so it’s a bit tricky to visit friends staying elsewhere. Ideally it’s best to all meet up in the main arena where all the fun is anyway. To visit friends in Meadow or Boutique Camping you must book a Meadow / Boutique Guest Pass, a maximum of two of these can be added on during the booking process for Boutique / Meadow tickets or purchased at festival at the the respective campsite box offices.
I’d like to come to the festival but not camp – can I do this?
If camping’s not you’re thing that’s absolutely fine. Simply book a non-camping ticket (camping is included in the price of your weekend ticket) and then you can use your festival wristband to come and go from the festival as you please within our gate opening times.
Do you have a limit on tent size?
Our General, Quiet and Family Campsites are the ones where you can bring your own tent and camp. There are no designated pitches, you just pick a spot and set up. While we do not have a restriction on tent size, to make sure everyone has a fair amount of space we do not allow trailer tents or gazebos.
Who are your approved ticket vendors?
Our official ticket vendor is Ticketmaster. Please note when you book a ticket through them, you should call their respective customer service line with any queries.
Can I bring my own tent and stay in Boutique or Meadow Camping?
No, to stay in either our Boutique or Meadow campsites you must book Boutique or Meadow Accommodation on top of your festival ticket. If you want to bring your own tent you can choose to stay in General, Family, Quiet or Live-In Vehicle Camping (provided you’ve booked a Live-In Vehicle Pass – 1 per 6x7m pitch) For any other questions on Boutique Camping please see our full Boutique Info Page.
For general queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org